1) Cook One, Freeze One – Don’t leave all your cooking until the last minute. We tend to spent a lot of our day making food and the rest of it binge eating. Save effort and time by preparing twice as much food – some for now, freeze some for later. Check out our recipes ideas for that here.
2) Suhoor Food Rampage – You’re about to start the day and want to prepare by clearing out the fridge to stuff yourself with as much food as possible – and it’s not even 4am yet. Not good. We have a few recipe ideas that should help keep you going throughout the day. Check that out here.
3) Moonsighting Wars – Baba Ali has created this brilliant Ramadan video to encourage people to stop making very common silly mistakes during the month. It’s a very funny video but with some strong messages too.
4) Pay attention, this is the science bit – Find out what happens to your body when you fast. Dr Noreen Kassem breaks it down by giving suggestions on things to eat and food to avoid. Read that here.
5) To Fast or Not to Fast? – Imam Zaid Shakir set the parameters and talks about God’s mercy for those who may not be well enough to fast
6) The celestial firework display to welcome Ramadan – The annual Perseid meteor shower that starts from around the 9th to the 13th of August will be seen by millions of people all over the world. This happens to coincide this year with the opening of Ramadan. Why not give yourself a spiritual boost by trying to see if you can spot it with your freinds and family?